Veeam Backup for Office 365 v4 GA build 220.127.116.115 was released on 26 November 2019. Having learned of all the new features in October at the Veeam Vanguard Summit, I was certainly looking forward to this new version.
Some of the new features include:
- Object storage support. You now have unlimited scalability with unlimited storage capacity. Unlimited in so far as your object storage provider probably has more capacity then you will ever need.
- Data in object storage can be encrypted at rest.
- Faster performance for SharePoint and OneDrive for Business backups. This is achieved by using multiple accounts to connect to Office 365. Throttling is per user with SharePoint so by using multiple user accounts the throttling can be somewhat mitigated.
- The option to exclude the Contact and Calendar folders from the retention policy thereby retaining that data indefinitely.
- Enhanced Mailbox Protection report.
And for those smaller clients there is Veeam Backup for Office 365 Community Edition which has all the great functionality with a limit of 10 users and 1TB of SharePoint Data.
Veeam Backup for Office 365 Release notes
Veeam Backup for Office 365 user guide
What’s New in Veeam Backup for Office 365 v4
Veeam Backup for Office 365 product page